of the Blessed Virgin of Hal
The gaze fascinated by such beauty is soon captured by the wall that houses the altar, where a precious depiction of the Madonna with the child painted on a slate plate is venerated. Both wear a richly decorated dress, but on the head of the Virgin appears a coat of arms, the coat of arms of the Spinola, a noble Genoese family. Under the painting lies an inscription in Latin, which testifies that it is a tribute to the Blessed Virgin by the Duchess Maria Spinola. The painting is inspired by a wooden statue housed in Hal, Belgium. An unknown painter portrayed it under the will of Ambrogio Spinola to give it to his sister Maria.
In the second half of the 1600s, the Filipino Fathers arrived who gave the Church its present appearance and built a convent adjacent to the Sanctuary. The town of Murazzano attributes its salvation to the Blessed Virgin when, in 1944, it was about to be burned by the Germans.
For large groups or for a guided tour, contact the Municipality of Murazzano.